Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Half Moon Manicure Tutorial

Hello :) This is my first tutorial on how to do a half moon manicure. Its a very simple and I'm sure everyone already knows how to do it but I thought I'd practice making tutorials and decided to start off with something simple :) Hope you like x

You will need: A base coat and top coat, 2 nail polishes - colours of your choice and french manicure template stickers (or any curved stickers really!).

Step 1: Prepare your nail with a base coat. My current favourite is Sally Hansens' Hard as wraps polish, I don't think it's made to be a base coat but I'm trying to grow my nails longer and this seems to be working :)


Step 2: Using the colour you would like the 'half moon' part of the nail to be, paint the bottom part of your nail or the whole nail, it's up to you (I prefer to just do half as you are only going to see a tiny bit at the bottom anyway). 

As you can tell by my image it doesn't have to be that neat, as long as the bottom part looks okay it doesn't matter. 



Step 3: Once the bottom layer is completely dry, stick your sticker at the bottom of the nail, depending on how big you want your half moon to be, move the sticker higher or lower along the nail. I only wanted small half moons so placed the sticker right at the bottom of the nail. 


Step 4: Then you can paint on your top coat. I decided to do opposite colours on each hand as I couldn't decide which way round I wanted the colours.


Step 5: Wait for the top coat to completely dry and apply a second coat if needed. Once the second layer is dry you can carefully peel off the stickers. 


Step 6: Apply a top coat and you're done :)





10 comments:

  1. These look great :) I love the colours you chose x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink ones looks lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they look amazing! Definitely trying that!:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love experimenting with the colours on this design. Most colours look really good :) xx

      Delete
  4. this is so cute! will definitely have to give it a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know how it goes :) xx

      Delete