Friday, 10 February 2012

Old Romantic - Valentines Nails



Valentines day is upon us and as I am quite the romantic, I have created two Valentines nail designs. The first a more simple and subtle look, with white lace french tips and small pink hearts. 



The idea for the second design came from a bracelet my boyfriend had bought for me for Christmas. It featured a small red love heart with a scroll across the front that said 'I love you'. The scroll that I painted onto my thumb nail however, was far too small to be able to recreate that, so I settled for the word 'love'. For the base I used Smooch nail polish in '7-Chic' that I featured in my last post and a pale pink shade and created stripes. 

The text is supposed to look like 'tattoo' text (if there is such a thing!) as I thought that it would fit in well with the love heart and scroll. 

Hope you enjoy these nails, and happy Valentines xxxx














18 comments:

  1. I would happily pay you to do my nails, they are amazing! Love this blog - your so creative

    elissex.blogspot.com xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) my first ever blog comment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a talent, so good! I love them :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty naildesign :) like it!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, i love the first design; so elegant and girly! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the first design is very simple to do, I'll do a tutorial soon :) xxx

      Delete
  6. actually amazing! love the first design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute! i love the first one so much
    following ur blog hun..

    would be happy if u could follow back.. thanks hun xx

    http://makemeuppink25.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT POST, I LOVE YOUR WORK! WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER?
    XOXO,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obsessed with nails and nail polish, and when I came across your blog I was like 'YESSSSSSS A BLOG JUST FOR NAILS!'
    You are so talented.. I have no idea how you did that!
    Can't wait to see more of your posts so I can get some inspiration ;)

    justfacethefashion.blogspot.com
    Zoe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, such a lovely comment :) If you have any ideas of themes or designs you'd like me to do let me know and I could do a tutorial :) xxxx

      Delete