Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Pink & Gold Champagne - Glitter Nails




These are not actually my own nails, they belong to my mum. She has been my 'guinea pig' when it comes to testing out new colours and designs.

This design came from the purchase of a new nail polish. There is a make up/beauty shop in the shopping centre where I work called 'All Wellan Good'. They always have a huge selection of nail polish and this particular time, they had a new brand of polish in store. The brand was called 'Smooch', I had never heard of this brand before and decided to buy some polish and test it out.

I bought the 'Smooch' nail polish in '7 - Chic'. Although you cannot see the colour clearly in the image, it is a very pale shade of cream.

'7 - Chic'
 


I used this pale cream shade as the base coat (it needed two coats) and finished with layers of Claire's Accessories' gold/pink glitter polish. I then added on gems to the ring finger and thumbs. 

The gold and pinks together reminded me of pink champagne and my mum was very happy with the results! 



4 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so different, I'm definitely going to be trying it out myself :) Great blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, It's very simple to do :) make sure you post pictures when you do them, I love seeing other peoples' nail art xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking through your blog and the nails look so good!!I loved the new york nails..Have you learned on all on your own?
    really cute work :)
    luv
    riikka from finland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much :) I have taught myself to do nail art, all you really need is small brushes and a steady hand :) xx

      Delete