Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Pink gradient/ombre nails

I know it has been forever since I last posted but like most other people, I have been busy with uni work. Plus my nails have been breaking and are now tiny which means I have been slightly embarrassed to post photos of them looking this short. Anyway, I've seen this gradient/ombre nail loads over the past few months and seen as the weather has been so lovely I thought I'd do bright pink ones :) They are so simple to do and I love the finished result, they would look great in all colours too.

I only used two colours for this one, but to create a more gradient look, you can use around 3-4 colours. I painted two coats of O.P.I's Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj, then used a cotton bud to create the gradient effect. Just put the darker colour at the base of the nail, covering about a third of the nail, then use a clean cotton bud to drag the colour up the nail, creating the gradient effect. Apply the top coat before it has completely dried, this blends the colours together giving it a smoother look.

Hope you've all had a good few weeks xxx





1 comment:

  1. This is seriously amazing! You are really talented with nail art, I am jealous!
    I also followed, it would be great if you could check out my blog too! :)

    http://fubtabulous.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete