Monday, 21 January 2013

Lightning Nails


Again, it's been a while since I have posted. Truth is, I'm running low on ideas and inspiration, and have been a little bit lazy! I bought my dad and me tickets to go and see Jake Bugg next month and his new song 'Lightning Bolt' is the inspiration behind this nail design. I used the exact same colours as I did with my cosmic design but created a little 'cloud' at the top and shaky lines for the lightning. It's quite a simple design when you get the hang of it. They still look a little messy around the edges but that's due to the sponging. Hope you like :) xx



6 comments:

  1. I love this design and the purple is beautiful
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look incredible! How the hell did you do them?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I started off with black nails, then sponged on a little white 'cloud' at the base of each nail, then sponged on some blue, purple and pink then drew the lightning bolt with white. Took a few attempts to get the colours and shapes right but they didn't turn out too bad :) xx

      Delete
  3. Heee!

    My name is melissa too and i am into nailart too :)
    Love to share ideas with you!
    Was just about doing these too tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's cool :) Love your blog and your nail art :)

      Lightning nails were a lot harder to do than I was expecting lol x

      Delete